Okay, so maybe we’re a little biased. But how many fan bases have stuck around for 50 years and maintained this level of enthusiasm?
Yes fans know everything there is to know about the band. Everything. And they love to share their passion. We came across this example of someone going above and beyond, on YouTube. He or she not only unearthed a few amazing shows from 1976’s amazing “Solos Tour,” but then went through and assembled a mix of highlights from across the set list, paying special attention to tunes that were only showcased a few times.
Apparently, Yes had initially planned to showcase the new solo albums that each band member had recently released:
- Alan White had Ramshackled
- Steve Howe released Beginnings
- Patrick Moraz released i
- Chris Squire released Fish Out of Water
- and of course, Jon Anderson released Olias Of Sunhillow.
Sadly, the heavy focus on solo tracks performed by the full band only lasted briefly. But jedzxor has posted a great selection to YouTube:
- Apocalypse DETROIT 081776 (MATRIX)
- Siberian Khatru VANCOUVER 072176
- Sound Chaser JERSEY CITY 061776
- I’ve Seen All Good People JERSEY CITY 061776
- Song Of Innocence JACKSON 060576
- Hold Out Your Hand JACKSON 060576
- You By My Side ROANOKE 052876
- Leaves Of Green JACKSON 060576
- On The Wings of Gold/ Clap MILWAUKEE 081676
- Long Distance Runaround JERSEY CITY 061776
- Moraz Solo JERSEY CITY 061776
- Harp Solo BOSTON 060876
- Heart Of The Sunrise JERSEY CITY 061776
- Gates Of Delirium DETROIT 081776 (SB/AUD)
- Crew Song DETROIT 081776 (AUD)
- Ritual DETROIT 081776 (SB)
- Starship Trooper 072076 DALY CITY
- Roundabout JERSEY CITY 061776
- I’m Down JERSEY CITY 061776
- Sweet Dreams JACKSON 060576
- ROANOKE 052876
- JACKSON 060576
- BOSTON 060876
- JERSEY CITY 061776
- VANCOUVER 072176
- MILWAUKEE 081676
- DETROIT 081776 SB
- DETROIT 081776 AUD
Pay special attention to “Spring-Song of Innocence,” The William Blake poem set beautifully to music on Alan White’s Ramshackled, and performed by the band. It is one of our favorite solo pieces:
From the poem:
Sound the flute!
Now it’s mute.
Day and night;
In the dale,
Lark in sky,
Merrily, merrily, to welcome in the year.
Welcome 2018, year of #YES50!
And Some Great Stuff About this Tour Over At the Forgotten Yesterdays site: